RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
About Village Yoga

Village Yoga is a Unique & Friendly Yoga Studio that offers personal

attention in every class. Take up to 7 Classes in 7 Days for $10.

 

We also offer Village Yogis, a custom application allowing students

of the studio to view class schedules, register for classes and manage

their accounts.  Click on app icon to download.

 

It’s ALL ABOUT the students at Village Yoga.  Because the studio is

quite small and intimate, all of our students feel welcome the moment

they step through the door. We are a quaint, neighborhood gathering

place.  Think “Cheers”, with all of the characters (and then some).

 

We all “begin again” every time a student steps onto a yoga mat, thus allowing all students to practice together, regardless of ability.  Some classes are warmer than others, but none so hot that you will feel suffocated.

 

Village Yoga students come to learn and practice yoga, gaining an all around education in all aspects that yoga has to offer.  Only 1% of a pure yoga practice takes place in a studio while on a mat; our students to become aware of the other 99%, which guides them to their true potential.

 

Village Yogis feel safe enough to personally challenge yet nurture

themselves through the exceptional support and guidance from our

highly educated and experienced teachers.

 

Our Yoga center is also RYS / Yoga Alliance registered. Topics for a RYS

teacher training must be relevant to Yoga Alliance’s five Educational

Categories as defined below. RYSs must provide a minimum number of

hours of study in each educational category, and to make up the total 200

required hours, must also provide additional hours of study relevant to

these categories, which may be distributed according to the school’s

chosen emphasis.

 

Experience authentic yoga the way it was meant to be taught. It’s ALL ABOUT the students at Village Yoga.  Because the studio is quite small and intimate, all of our students feel welcome the moment they step through the door. We are a quaint, neighborhood gathering place.  Think “Cheers”, with all of the characters (and then some).

 

We all “begin again” every time a student steps onto a yoga mat, thus allowing all students to practice together, regardless of ability.  Some classes are warmer than others, but none so hot that you will feel suffocated.

 

Village Yoga students come to learn and practice yoga, gaining an all around education in all aspects that yoga has to offer.  Only 1% of a pure yoga practice takes place in a studio while on a mat; our students to become aware of the other 99%, which guides them to their true potential.

 

Village Yogis feel safe enough to personally challenge yet nurture themselves through the exceptional support and guidance from our highly educated and experienced teachers.

 

Experience authentic yoga the way it was meant to be taught.

 

I'd like to highlight that we also offer 2 Donation Classes, One for

the Mind - Gong Meditation + Auricular Acupuncture (Optional, $10)

on Wednesdays, 7:30 - 8:30pm.

 

One for the Body - Fridays, 4:45 - 5:45pm,

Alternating Teachers and Styles.

 

Namaste’,

Merrily

Our Styles

Village Yoga offers a full spectrum of classes – Ashtanga, Gentle Slow Yoga (Great for Beginners), Gong Meditation, Private, Restorative/Yoga Nidra, Slow, Slow Yoga Flow, Vinyasa, Yin for Flexibility & Recovery Yoga Classes.

 

Alternative Therapies are also offered. Ayerveda Consultation, Reiki, Gong Therapy, Auricular Acupuncture for Addiction and other Chronic Ailments and Yoga & Thai Bodywork

 

We believe that yoga is simple.  By teaching students how to create and maintain a personal yoga practice, our students improve and sustain their overall happiness, flexibility, productivity, harmony and strength.

Beginners - Never-Evers

Village Yoga is THE studio for Beginners, AKA, Never-Evers. Our unassuming studio is small enough where each student gets personalized attention.

 

Some Suggestions:

 

•  Wear a sports bras (women), shorts, tanks, yoga pants/shorts,

    loose clothing, whatever you feel

    comfortable moving and stretching in.

•  Drink water before/after class.  You are “lighting a fire” in class

    and if you drink a ton of water you will

    work much harder to keep that fire lit!

•  Practice Yoga on an empty stomach.

•  Bring a Towel.

 

Many ask, “Which class is right for me?”  Best answer is to check out all of the Class Styles and start from where YOU are.  Call or text Merrily with any questions that you may have.

 

Invite a friend, spouse, co-worker, to be your “yoga-buddy” for inspiration and accountability.  It’s amazing how well this buddy system works – truly.

 

We have everything that you will need for your first visit except your clothes!

 

If this is your first time, please fill out the emergency contact form.

Meet The Teachers
Merrily McDonald

YOGA TEACHER

Regina Townsend Stephanie Williams

In March, 2014, I embarked on another journey (there have been many)  in my life, and Village Yoga was given to me for with the promise that it would become a success.  No money, just the promise.

 

After teaching yoga for 10 years and being involved in the opening of studio, I hesitantly (my husband shaking his head, “no, no, no”), jumped at the opportunity!  Since that humble beginning in August 2014, the studio has exponentially grown into what it is today.

 

My style of teaching is infused with a strong Ashtanga foundation, with a ton of compassion and humor my strengths.  Some have thought I spent time in the Armed Forces, challenging students to places they thought they could never go. With an educational background in social work and chemical dependency, I weave what I have learned and lived through in all my classes.

YOGA TEACHER

YOGA TEACHER

In 1972, I experienced my first official yoga class when introduced to the practice during a modern dance class. It became a huge part of my life ever since never straying far from a mat.

 

I am passionate about helping to bring balance into the lives of others by encouraging the release of old traumas locked in the muscle memory of the body and mind through employing these various techniques.

 

I have always embraced yoga throughout my life in some way, shape or form. Being formally trained in ballet, gymnastics and an active athlete, I grew up in constant playful wonder of the body.

 

Since September 2012, I have completed 350+ hours of teaching certification in Integral, Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga, as well as 300+ hours in Thai massage. I aspire to teach clean and precise yoga, with attention to alignment and structural flow.

Lexi Schaffer MJ McDonald

YOGA TEACHER

YOGA TEACHER

I am incredibly passionate about helping others realize their highest potential in life. I believe we are here to manifest more joy, peace and abundance in all aspects of our busy lives. It is my mission to help you elevate your consciousness so you can experience a more liberated & fulfilled life.

 

I specialize in Kundalini Yoga & Meditation and fuze both spiritual and practical principles into my teachings. When I’m not helping students achieve flow, I’m a Spiritual Life Coach at: www.modernkundalini.tv

Bio.

Samantha Mee

YOGA TEACHER

I am a certified Ayurvedic Consultant, Ayurveda translating to the science of life, or knowledge of longevity...which is the oldest health care system known to date. Its focus is helping individuals to balance all parts of their being (mind, body, & soul) and looking to correct imbalance which cause dis-EASE. I also recently completed an Ayurvedic Psychology (Spiritual Counseling course), helping one dive deeper into their psyche to remove unwanted habits and limiting benefits.

Katy Fenton

YOGA TEACHER

Katy has embraced yoga for over 25 years.

 

She began practicing at Center For Yoga, and has been practicing at numerous studios in and out of the Detroit metro area. She ended up at Ashtanga Yoga Room, owned by her son, Aaron Fenton, where she found strength, focus, and the spiritual side of his practice.

Andy Brock

YOGA TEACHER

I met my first yoga teacher while working at a summer camp (a fitting beginning to my path of study) and began seriously studying with him the following fall in a lineage heavily influenced by Tibetan Heart Buddhism. Though that tradition was my scholarly introduction, it is not the limitation of my learning experience, and I shortly thereafter began to study in a second, related lineage of teachers in the tradition of Adviata Vedanta. I am very fortunate and greatly blessed to have such knowledgeable and compassionate gurus!

Contact
Address

 

32751 Franklin Road

Franklin, Michigan 48025

Parking & entrance in the rear

 

info@villageyogafranklin.com

 

248.797.0579

© COPYRIGHT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED @LAKEHOUSE STUDIOS